Product Design Engineer
Please read through the job description and apply below.
Design and develop new products for Hozelock product range.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond to commercial briefs for product specifications.
- Developing innovative ideas for new products.
- Developing drawings to obtain design approval.
- Designing new products on 3D CAD.
- Prototyping new products as required.
- Testing new products and using analysis to review / improve product design.
- Testing and evaluating competitors’ products.
- Ensure all processes are adhered to and documentation completed.
- Attend meetings with the team to provide updates on current projects.
- Comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the company health and safety policy and ensure that any specific responsibilities are adequately delegated in their absence.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent drawing/rendering skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Ability to work alone, sometimes under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Tenacity to coordinate a project from conception to completion.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Good PC skills.
- Competent 3D CAD user.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills (technical).
- Practical more important than academic.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree – Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Engineering.
- Experience of designing with Plastics.
- 2 years’ experience.
- Engineering background Experience of 3D CAD is essential.
- Experience of designing components for plastic injection moulding domestic components and materials is essential.
- Experience of commissioning injection mould tools is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of Siemens NX is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of liaising with tooling and manufacturing engineers is preferred but not essential.