Please read through the job description and apply below.
Work as part of a team to provide a fully comprehensive maintenance service to Midpoint Park Manufacturing & Distribution Centre sites. Provide a reliable & professional service, ensuring all equipment is available to use as required to meet the production plan. Support & contribute to a continuous improvement culture for site maintenance activity, continually seeking reduction & efficiency improvement initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide a quick, efficient & cost-effective repair service to equipment breakdowns
- Install new equipment as required
- Assessment, diagnosis and repair of equipment as required to maintain production build plan
- Completion of annual Planned Maintenance plan
- Supervise contractors to carry out occasional work from time to time
- Maintain accurate records of work carried out on all equipment
- Carry out TPM routines for every production section
- Carry out all refurbishment work as required
- Utilise downtime periods to effectively overhaul equipment
- Assist Engineering in redesign of processes as required
- Assist the NPD process as required
- Carry out routine maintenance and machine refurbishment or upgrades as required to keep the machinery or equipment fit for purpose
- Be able to fault find and repair on injection moulding machines & robots
- Re-locate and install equipment as required
- Identify machinery / equipment not fit for purpose and propose cost effective solutions to ensure activity can still be carried out
- Assist in DC and other parts of the Business as detailed by Maintenance and Facilities Manager.
- Ensure all work that is undertaken is completed safely and with relevant authorisation.
- Comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the company health and safety policy and ensure that any specific responsibilities are adequately delegated in their absence.
….and any other duties required to support the achievement of the Company’s objectives
- High degree of flexibility & initiative
- Ability to listen & communicate across all departments
- Confident & accurate decision maker
- Calm, clear thinker
- Practical & hands on
- Awareness of Manufacturing pressures & needs to keeps equipment operating
- “Can do & will do” attitude
- High level of urgency & responsiveness to all Maintenance requests
Education and/or Experience
- Time served apprenticeship in a technical discipline
- Multi-skilled across all Engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, hydraulics & pneumatics)
- Practical knowledge of control systems & PLC’s
- Excellent diagnostic methodology for identifying root causes of breakdowns
- Extensive experience in fault finding on Injection Moulding machines.