Introduction

This statement is made on behalf of Hozelock Limited pursuant to the section 54 of the Modern Slavery Action 2015 and comprises our Slavery and Human Trafficking statement.

 

 

Our Business

Hozelock Limited was established in 1959 as a garden equipment manufacturer, our first product being the Hoze-Lock.  Today, we are a global supplier of Garden equipment, with our head office based in Birmingham, UK with 80% of the products being manufactured on site.  The remaining 20% is built in our overseas factories in France, Malaysia, Taiwan and China.

 

Hozelock Limited provides all employees with a contract and a copy of the Company Handbook, and all employees are paid in-line with (or above) minimum statutory provisions.

 

As part of our commitment to identifying and eradicating modern slavery and human trafficking, we have in place a system to encourage the reporting of any concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.

 

 

Our Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking

At Hozelock, we are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our Company.  We are committed to acting ethically, with integrity in all our business relationships, to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls in order to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chain.

 

We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:

 

  • Modern Slavery policy. This policy sets out the Company’s stance on Modern Slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.

 

  • Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, which includes conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.

 

  • Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy which all employees know they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or inappropriate practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.

 

  • Supplier Code of Business Conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as a Company and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.

 

 

Due Diligence and Auditing of Suppliers

Our supply chains include UK and non UK suppliers, who are responsible for ensuring their compliance within the Modern Slavery Act. However, Hozelock Limited also takes an active role in reviewing compliance in this area.

 

Hozelock Limited has a zero tolerance policy to modern slavery and human trafficking and we expect all those in our supply chain to comply with our values. Hozelock Limited will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in modern slavery or human trafficking.

 

Hozelock Limited seeks to build long-standing relationships with suppliers and to make clear our expectations of ethical business behaviour from them. With regards to agency workers we only deal with reputable providers and request evidence of a workers right to work in the UK.  Regular audits are carried out to ensure compliance.

 

 

Training

Training is provided to ensure that sufficient levels of risk awareness are in place in terms of identifying modern slavery and human trafficking.

Comments are closed.