Accounts Payable Supervisor
Please read through the job description and apply below.
To support the day to day function of the AP department, whilst supporting the delivery of the finance objectives, through the supervision of the AP Clerk, ensure accuracy and efficiency of invoice processing and treasury function.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain cash books, including monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and ensure all are signed monthly.
- Process BACS, International and manual payments in line with payment terms.
- Weekly forecast of cash requirements to support working capital needs and cash request from EI.
- Process invoices in a timely manner, ensuring accurate coding on direct entry invoices, including line item description (who, what, where, when).
- Process all employee expense claims received, by the 20th of each month and pass onto payroll for paying.
- Work with the process owners, ensuring blocked invoices are resolved and cleared within 7 days of original posting date.
- Reconcile down-payments and GRNI on a monthly basis, ensuring aged items are investigated and resolved.
- Ensure top 20 supplier (excl. ICP) statement reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all ICP supplier statements are reconciled on a monthly basis, with missing invoices accrued for and statement sent to partner by WD2.
- Prepare and review the monthly aged creditors report in line with the timetable circulated.
- Create new suppliers records, as per the information provided by purchasing. Ensuring necessary checks are performed in advance.
- Maintain supplier records, including updates to bank accounts and payment terms, inline with the company process of written and verbal confirmation.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns for review and subsequent submission and payment, in line with HMRC deadlines.
- Prepare ONS returns for review and submission – TBC.
- Any ad-hoc reports/analysis as required.
- Self-motivated and punctual.
- Confident in using own initiative.
- Good team player.
- Good verbal and written communicator.
- A level education / Knowledge of excel and word. Knowledge of MFGSAP preferred.
- Experience of working within a small team.
- Experience of working in a busy and fast paced working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift.
- Monday to Friday.
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sutton Coldfield, B76 1AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).