Continuous Improvement Engineer
Please read through the job description and apply below.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for driving a continuous improvement culture, developing the business’s skills and capabilities through new systems, processes, and coaching implementation with a key focus on SAP. The role will support the business in the identification of strategic improvement priorities and will deploy modern fit-for-purpose CI tools to enable the improvements to be recognised.
- Drives Continuous Improvement to quantitatively and qualitatively customer service and delivery.
- Train and educate the organization in SAP and implement continuous improvement methodologies including but not limited to 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean, OEE and others.
- Drive and manage a continuous improvement culture change with the business staff when implementing lean and CI tools.
- Responsible for supporting the business in identifying and maximising improvement opportunities, including tracking downtime results, improving data integrity and developing improvement plans based on the data.
- Plan and monitor progress to check if changes yield desirable results.
- Supports safety as a top priority – in training, job design, ergonomics, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures product quality. Establishes and manages systems for “right first time” performance and incorporates this philosophy in the continuous improvement teams.
- Coach & mentor stakeholders on how to reduce “process variation” & make data-driven decisions to improve business results.
You will need:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and making process improvements in line with key KPIs.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP
- Systemic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause problems
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- The ability to mentor and develop teams, dealing with culture change.
- Inspires team spirit and loyalty to the organization.
- Working with material flows, Kanban and pull systems.
- Experience with 5S, 8-Wastes and Kaizen events.
- Measuring data, visual management and OEE.
- Sets expectations, tracks and communicates results, and creates an environment for accountability for results and actions.
- Understands and uses individual and team development tools and techniques.
- Experience in Lean Implementation/delivery.
- Demonstrable high-impact analysis skills, fluent in analysis tools such as Excel.
- Experience leading Kaizen events in a manufacturing environment.
- An adaptable, approachable nature.
- Hands-on attitude, passionate for making impactful changes to processes.
- Effective in small and large group sessions.
- Assertive, energetic, and a self-starter