Sales Administration Manager
Please read through the job description and apply below.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Administration Manager is to support the Head of Supply Chain & Planning through the Sales Administration Co-Ordinator in delivering a smooth and efficient process from Customer orders through to delivery on time and in full against the Customer requirements. This will include receiving the order through telephone, email, EDI inputting into the system, in line with our processes and controls, validate the orders and releases and liaising with Sales to ensure we optimise Customer satisfaction, in line with our capabilities and controls. Key focus will be on maintaining and delivering a high level of COTIF and managing any queries or issues that may arise.
- Receive Customer orders through telephone, email or EDI and process accordingly in line with our set processes and procedures.
- Support and maintain secondary National EDI groups.
- Support our EDI processing as required.
- Handle any Customer enquiries and resolve any problems that might arise in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage and agree workload priorities in line with the Sales Administration Co-Ordinator and Supply Chain & Planning Manager
- Validate and release orders in line with the correct processes and procedures.
- Ensure document filing is completed in a timely and efficient manner and in line with our requirements for transparency of order placing.
- Issue pro-forma invoices where and when required.
- Liaise with the Planning function (including Factory and Warehouse where required) on issues regarding availability and delivery to the Customer.
- Manage, prioritise and respond to all correspondence for orders and shipments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Where and when required, supply delivery information and deal with carriers enquiries on Customer requirements.
- Manage all point-of-sale orders received in a timely and efficient manner.
- Obtain credit approvals from wholesalers where required to ensure no delays in processing orders.
- Co-ordinate stock allocation with DC to maintain high level of COTIF performance.
- Complete “Goal Deployment” activities in line with the overall Business goals.
- Oversee training requirements for all current and new staff to ensure alignment to processes and approach.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement culture of both the department and the overall business.
- Comply with our Health and Safety responsibilities defined in the Company Health and Safety policy, and ensure that any specific responsibilities are adequately delegated in their absence.
- Support the Supply Chain & Planning Manager with the Sales Administration Co-Ordinator in developing and implementing the tools and KPI’s to demonstrate the overall performance of the Department and alignment to driving our optimum COTIF and Inventory performance.
- Support the Sales Administration Co-Ordinator in developing the systems and processes within the Department to optimise our efficiencies and deliverables within the team.
Specific Functional Capabilities:
- Ideally with a strong Commercial export background
- Experience of a Sales Administration background and working within a small and efficient team.
- IT literate – Word, Exel, Powerpoint, SAP, PowerBI etc.
- Numerate, with good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Additional language would be beneficial.
- Ability to supervise, influence and develop others.
- Extremely high levels of courtesy.
- Must be able to operate calmly when managing a heavy workload.
- Must be self-disciplined to work to tight deadlines and within set processes and procedures.
- Persuasive, Self-motivated, organised.
- Happy to use own initiative.
- Good team player.
- Good verbal and written communicator (develop plans and overviews)Capable to work under limited supervision.
- Work effectively with other Departments to achieve a good result for the business as a whole.Must be willing to work extra hours in season to manage fluctuation, seasonal Customer demand where required.
- Clear track record of Sales Administration, or other service processes performance
- English essential
- Additional languages beneficial
- Limited travel may be required.