Head of Procurement
Please read through the job description and apply below.
The primary responsibility of the Head of Procurement is to manage the overall performance of the Procurement team and to ensure that you supports the overall strategy and delivery of the Hozelock business to deliver and execute the defined plans and requirements of the function. This requires the ability to challenge and work with the team, both within the Procurement function and the wider organisation in order to ensure that the operations are delivered to plan and in an efficient manner, on time and to budget.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the Procurement function and team, to ensure delivery of the strategic Procurement approach and demonstrated in the reporting of monthly KPI’s and reports.
- Responsible for the overall Procurement budget of circa £25m per annum and the optimising of the Procurement spend for the Business requirement.
- Responsibility for Supplier selection and the development of a preferred Supplier base in the total cost and performance requirements of the Business.
- Contract negotiations and agreements with key Suppliers to deliver optimal and efficient performance, including all raw material contract negotiations.
- Monitor and control raw material market prices and plan purchases to optimise Business benefit, reporting on a monthly basis for performance.
- Provide detailed monthly reports to Group Finance Director for analysis and control of material movements.
- Strategic purchase of raw materials to ensure optimum price levels through the year, as and when required “best price”
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the Businesses Purchase Price Variance (PPV) budget.
- Manage, mentor, develop and support the Procurement team in the delivery of our annual objectives, targets and controls.
- Overall responsibility of the development and delivery our the Procurement strategy.
- Support the development and execution of the manufacturing and supply chain strategies.
- In conjunction with the Group Technical Director take responsibility for the Company’s Make v Buy strategy and decisions.
- Deliver synergy savings and work closely with the Excel and Vitry teams.
- Responsible for all Far East Suppliers, including contract agreements, NPD projects and overall Supplier performance.
- Conduct regular Supplier visits, both within the UK and overseas.
- Deliver Indirect savings in line with annual requirements and demonstrate savings in the overall Procurement objectives, including all major capital purchases (aligned with Finance).
- Recruit and retain a strong Procurement team to deliver against annual objectives and Business requirements.
- Together with the team, negotiate all site services contracts, including canteen, cleaning services, company cars, temporary labour contracts, etc.
- Supplier development, through measures and controls and development fo a strong Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) approach.
- Ensure Suppliers have the ability to flex and support the Businesses seasonal requirements.
- Support all cross functional activities, including NPD control, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing and Design.
- Report on team performance through clear and agreed monthly KPI’s and measures.
- Ensure Hozelock purchases maintain a clear competitive advantage.
- Plan and deliver any additional projects as requested and agreed with the Group Supply Chain Director.
- Responsibility for the successful delivery and control of the Procurement annual cost centre budget, including supporting budget development through providing budget predictions where required.
- Support the overall Business strategy of Lean Manufacturing and participate in the team development where required.
- Major contribution towards our Business Continuity strategy and implementation.
- Support in the Businesses Sustainability strategy and approach, including the reprocessing of materials.
Specific Functional Capabilities:
- Experience of driving change successfully and ability to influence stakeholders.
- Experience of international Supplier base, preferably with Asia.
- Responsible for the development of the Procurement team and direction.
- Strong appreciation of budget, financial KPI’s and FX management.
- Experience in optimising raw material purchases, against market trends.
- Bachelor degree is desirable.
- Clear track record of Procurement excellence.
- English is essential.
- French desirable.
- Must be able to travel globally to drive and support activities that are the nature of a global role. (Country specific requirements (to be completed if required).
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift.
- Monday to Friday.
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sutton Coldfield, B76 1AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).