Customer Services Manager
Please read through the job description and apply below.
Key responsibilities and performance measures for this role:
- Develop, motivate and supervise a professional, efficient and effective team of customer service advisors and temporary staff during the season
- Provide product training for new and seasonal advisors
- Provide a professional and courteous enquiry service for Hozelock customers
- Take customer queries via telephone, email, post, Zendesk, social media and provide appropriate responses
- Take ownership for queries and complaints from first contact to resolution
- Take first level of escalation for more difficult customer complaints
- Respond to customer queries and complaints using an appropriate communication method
- Discuss more difficult or technical queries with the appropriate personnel (Quality, Marketing & Design)
- Carry out investigation/assessment for potential compensation claims and agree outcome with Quality Manager
- Manage the return of quality critical products ensuring that information is correctly logged on the CPR (customer product return) system database and provide relevant information to the Design and Quality teams.
- Attend the monthly PPQI (Product, process, quality, improvement) meeting to provide update on trend analysis and participate in discussions relating to product improvement.
- Complete goal deployment activities in line with business goals.
- Support assembly and plastic processing quality teams to ensure problems from customers are identified and effectively resolved.
- Awareness of products developing new faults and promptly advised to the Quality Dept.
- Update spares manual annually including accessories, where appropriate
- Share knowledge and understanding of products and processes with colleagues as appropriate
- Contribute to the continuous improvement culture of both the department and business
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar customer services management role
- Knowledge of Hozelock products.
- Must have an excellent telephone manner (professional, polite, friendly, approachable)
- Previous experience of customer contact via telephone is essential
- Competent user of Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook)
- Must have experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent standard of written communication (letters, email)
- Good keyboard skills would be an advantage (alpha and numeric data entry)
- Knowledge of SAP (ERP system) would be an advantage
Key behavioural competencies:
- Ability to supervise, influence and develop others
- Must be comfortable speaking to customers over the telephone, including giving instructions, providing technical information and taking details of complaints
- Must be able to handle customer queries including difficult problems, in a professional manner
- Extremely high standards of courtesy
- Ability to learn technical product information to assist in handling customer queries
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
- Must be self-disciplined to work to tight deadlines and within set procedures
- Must be able to operate calmly when managing a heavy workload (e.g. high call volumes)
Additional skill requirements:
Must be available to work flexible hours to manage fluctuating, seasonal customer demand
Ability to analyse data and generate statistical reports based on product feedback