HOZELOCK ENCOURAGES GARDENERS TO WATER WISELY THIS SPRING
Hozelock, the UK’s leading supplier of gardening products is encouraging all gardeners to water their gardens wisely as the spring gardening season quickly approaches.
As parts of the UK experience the driest weather on record, Hozelock is working closely with Waterwise, an independent organisation focussed on reducing water consumption in the UK, to develop gardening products that will help gardeners reduce the amount of water they use in their garden, while still providing the care and attention needed.
To help gardeners water wisely this spring, Hozelock boasts a wide range of water-wise products that includes the water butt pump, water storing gels, area control sprinklers and water timers to attach to your tap.
Hozelock is recommending people consider using two Hozelock products - the Water Butt Pump and Water Storing Gel, which have won the official Waterwise Marque* in recognition of their exceptional water conservation properties.
Hazel Clark, Hozelock Marketing Manager said, “As Easter approaches many gardeners are starting to prepare their garden for the summer ahead. We understand the importance of watering gardens carefully throughout the year, particularly during drier periods, and continue to supply and develop our range of water saving products that will help gardeners to water wisely throughout the spring and summer months.”
Hozelock has also put together the following hints and tips for the watering of gardens:
HOZELOCK’S WATER WISELY GARDENING TIPS:
- If you use a sprinkler, water early in the morning or late in the evening when evaporation rates are at their
- Consider using sprinklers with area control options which can reduce wastage by ensuring that water is only
applied where it is needed. Also, remember to turn it off when it is not being used.
- Why not use drip irrigation systems, such as Hozelock’s Holiday Watering Kit or Greenhouse Watering Kit, which both include the easy to use Aquapods to distribute water to your plants (winner of the Waterwise Marque of approval), which can use up to 90% less water than a standard hose and gun.
Use sprays guns with a trigger nozzle on your hosepipe, which can halve the water used and direct the water flow to the roots of your plants.
- Remember that water stop hose connectors cut off the water flow when a hose accessory is disconnected; this will help reduce unnecessary wastage and will help to keep you dry!
- Hozelock water timers can be used to switch off the water flow at a set time, which helps to eliminate the risk of forgetting to turn a sprinkler off. It can also help to time-shift watering to dawn, which reduces water loss due to evaporation in the daytime heat.
- Why not mix some Hozelock Water Storing Gel (a Waterwise Marque of approval winner) into your pots, hanging baskets or flower beds? It will help to reduce the amount of water required by up to 90%.
- Collect run-off water in a butt and use a Hozelock Water Butt Pump to force the water through a hosepipe at sufficient pressure to drive a spray gun, sprinkler or irrigation system.
- Throughout the year Hozelock will also keep gardeners up to date with information on the current water restrictions on its website at www.hozelock.com/water-restrictions , and for further details on water-wise products they can contact the Hozelock helpline on 0121 313 1122 or go to www.hozelock.com
Notes to editor
For more information on Hozelock including images and product samples please contact
Brett Lowther at Cogent Elliott on 01626 526569 or email email@example.com
*More details on the Waterwise Marque* can be found at www.waterwise.org.uk/pages/the-waterwise-marque.html
Hozelock was founded in 1959 and is a leading European manufacturer of gardening products. Its annual turnover is £100m and it has 500 employees. With over half a century of horticultural expertise, Hozelock understands the rewards of gardening and continues to anufacture leading product ranges from the UK. Designed by gardeners for gardeners, Hozelock’s innovative products are developed following on-going research and feedback from consumers every step of the way.
Hozelock manufactures a comprehensive range of gardening products that cover: garden watering, garden pressure sprayers, pond equipment and high pressure cleaners. It sells in 40 countries and is the market leader in the UK, Scandinavia, the Baltic countries, Belgium and Russia, while it is also the number one for hoses and hose systems across the rest of Europe.
Waterwise is a UK NGO focused on decreasing water consumption in the UK and building the evidence base for large scale water efficiency. It is the leading authority on water efficiency in the UK.
Waterwise is an independent, not for profit organisation that receives funding from the UK water industry and from sponsorship and consultancy work. In England, it sat on the Environment Minister’s Water Saving Group alongside the water industry and regulators.
Waterwise set up the Saving Water in Scotland Network.